Sunday 26 October 2014

Pay Day Haul (or why I'll be eating tinned pasta for the whole of November)

Hello you lot,

Just a quick 'un before a real proper post!

So I got paid early (YES.) and after a phenomenally mixed couple of weeks, I decided I needed to treat myself to lots of pretty things that I'm still too scared to swatch.



So without any further ado...

Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Espresso & MTC



These two little beauties were part of the current three for two deal on at Superdrug and as I can't get enough of matte nails when it gets a wee bit chilly, I picked up a matte black (as modelled in the following pictures!) alongside a pretty nifty mattifying top coat to pop onto any colour I choose. So excited to try this on with Essie's Wicked. Such a little goth.

Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette



I picked this up alongside the Barry M nail varnishes and I've been hankering after this since it came out - I really love the emerald, sapphire and copper colours that are perfect for nights out in the Winter and what's fab about this is that there's a couple of matte neutral tones, so I can go from the office to the bar with this palette. I'm really looking forward to trying out Firestorm which looks a bit like a dupe for a certain Cranberry shadow. So happy with this!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation & Bronzing Powder + Highlighter Duo



These two wonder products are currently on offer at Boots - any two Bourjois products for £14. I love Bourjois foundation, it gives me the perfect amount of coverage, lasts ages and smells lovely. It might just be my imagination, but I also feel that it helps even out my skin when I'm having a breakout as it's packed with vitamins, who knows. I also picked up a neat little bronzer and highlighting duo as I've been looking for a powder contour kit (I've been using two liquid foundations for an office friendly contour -- I'll be posting about that very soon!) for when I'm out and about. I've read some rave reviews about this one, so I'm eager to see if it lives up to the hype.

Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Hazelnut & Mascara in Clear



I've really enjoyed the brown lipstick throwback this year, the grunge look is something that I particularly adore and will be teaming Hazelnut (which for some reason I forgot to include in the group photo... ) up with a pale face, slightly smuged eyes and Doc Martens. I can still at least pretend I'm an angsty teen, right? I also picked up a clear mascara to keep my brows in check - I find that brow gel that you dab on or apply with a brush to be a bit arsey to deal with and it sometimes spreads a cloudy dark brown goo to the edge of your brows, if you're not careful. I used to use this stuff years ago but somehow completely forgotten it to be a staple of my make up bag (I'm thinking Men In Black came along, to be honest) so I'm glad that this baby is back. Both part of Natural Collection at Boots' deal of two for £3.50. Lovely.

Maybelline's Master Precise liquid eyeliner in Black


I adore black eyeliner. Always have, always will. I've dabbled in kohl and gel but nothing, and I mean nothing compares to the mighty liquid eyeliner, especially in pen form. So utterly majestic, quick and easy to use, Master Precise is by far the best eyeliner I've had the privilege to use. This lil baby gives some seriously sharp wings alongside as thin or as fat a line as you'd want. I'm not a massive Maybelline fan in terms of any of their other products, but this really is a pleasure to use, alongside giving some great results. I'm just fan-girling over here, so I'll stop.

Last but not least... Mac's Ruby Woo


Last week, my friend was painting her lips with the most beautiful red I'd ever seen in my life and falling to my knees in wonderment, she looked down and asked why I haven't bought Ruby Woo yet. I already have Diva, so after a really rubbish fortnight I decided to throw caution into the wind and do myself the biggest favour of this year so far. I'm still too scared to try this on, need a perfect setting for such a perfect lipstick. As my camera hasn't quite shown, Ruby Woo is probably as true a red you can get alongside being a gorgeously velvet matte. It smells like happiness too.

And that's why I shouldn't be allowed around money.

Did you splurge on Saturday?

Lots,
Bitchy M. xx























2 comments:

  1. Hah I love this post because I had a very similar Saturday! I also bought the Bourjois bronzer kit but I haven't actually tried it out yet-looking forward to that. Ps Nice to meet you on #bbloggers tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop woop Saturday haul twins! Thank you very much - very kind of you to say so :) I'm looking forward to trying it with the foundation, will definitely post results. Nice meeting you too lovely and thanks for stopping by :) x

      Delete